• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nofroyo

If i owe federal or state taxes and i dont have a bank account and have my payroll funds deposited into a siblings account. Can they garnish my siblings wages or bank accounts. None of the accounts are under my name.

FlyingRon

If i owe federal or state taxes and i dont have a bank account and have my payroll funds deposited into a siblings account. Can they garnish my siblings wages or bank accounts. None of the accounts are under my name.
They can garnish your wages PRIOR to them ever gettig deposited in your sister's accounts. By the way this isn't the "how do I break the law and get away with it" forum. We can't tell you how to evade lawfully due taxes.

Nofroyo

They do have an order to garnish my wages which they are doing now. I just didnt want them to attach her wages or come after her account for what i am paying on. I am not trying to break the law im in the process of paying them.

I just dont want her bank account levied because she is just allowing me to have my check deposited thats all

AdjunctFL

They can't levy on a bank account of another if your wages are deposited there. However, they can levy on your wages from your employer before they are paid to you. and only any remaining balance would go into your friend's account.

One solution: Set up an installment payments with the tax authorities. They won't levy on anything so long as payments are current under the plan.

LdiJ

They can't levy on a bank account of another if your wages are deposited there. However, they can levy on your wages from your employer before they are paid to you. and only any remaining balance would go into your friend's account.

One solution: Set up an installment payments with the tax authorities. They won't levy on anything so long as payments are current under the plan.
I agree. The amount that they levy from wages is so high that its foolish not to go on an installment plan instead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">