• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Sued by Debt Collector

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaseSensitive45

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I recently found out I am being sued. I haven't received anything but mail from attorneys wanting to represent me. I went to court website and found that yes it was true. Here's my questions. First he filed it as Capital One (USA) N. A. vs "me" - However that is false because he is actually suing me, not Capital One as the debt was written off four years ago. I've been told that is fraudulent...true? My other question is that the first "Lawyer Collector" four years ago sent me a collection letter. I requested a validation (I have the return receipt signature to prove it). However they didn't respond and just passed the debt on. Again I have four or five more letters and again they all passed on. I ignored the last one - if the others didn't validate why would he? Well he decided to pull the lawsuit. My question is this...if the first didn't validate aren't my rights being violated? Additionally, wouldn't the amount being sued over be totally invalid because each time they added to the amount - thus being false totals?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">