• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued by sears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbuyerhall

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
I :confused: I have been contacted by a person representing Sears telling me that I am being served with papers to appear in court over an outstanding credit account. I have not had a full time job in 3 years because staying at home with my sick child to keep her out of daycare. My husband is paying all of our household expenses and we are barely able to keep our utilities, phone, etc. on much less pay Sears. The credit card was in my name before my husband and I got married. He wanted Sears to stop the interest on the card and work out a deal to pay off the debt and they refused. We have not paid anything on the account since I have been at home. What will happen when I go to court and is there anything that I can do in this situation?

Ladynred

Ok, how long EXACTLY has it been since you stopped paying Sears ???
Who is the person/collection agency that's hounding you ?

Have you always lived in TN ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">