• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bounced paycheck ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nashmet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I cashed my payroll check at a check cashing place and it bounced.Apparently my ex-boss refuses to make it good.The check cashing place sent me a registered letter claiming that the State of Pennsylvania allows them to file charges against me for collection.Is this true?
thanks,nashmet

Debt Guy

1. The check casher has the right to demand you make good on the check. If you fail to do so, they can sue you. I would be very surprised they could "file charges" with the connotation that you committed a criminal act.

2. You need to contact the Department of Labor in your state. Ask to speak with someone in the wage and hour office. Tell them you paycheck bounced. They may be able to assist you in getting paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">