• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the County Department of Revenue Recovery intercept my Federal Tax refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

na4us

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
Can the Sacramento County Department of Revenue Recovery intercept my Federal Tax Refund to satisfy my restitution debt? I don't want it to seem like I am not wanting to pay my restitution...I am. In fact I have paid faithfully every month for the last 7 years until I got laid off from my job and was unable to make my payments last year.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
Can the Sacramento County Department of Revenue Recovery intercept my Federal Tax Refund to satisfy my restitution debt? I don't want it to seem like I am not wanting to pay my restitution...I am. In fact I have paid faithfully every month for the last 7 years until I got laid off from my job and was unable to make my payments last year.
Yes it absolutely can.

Feel better that it is paid now, and you dont have to worry about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">