• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue Sallie MAe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrisb1371

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was recently late on my loan payment, and Salliemae was calling both myself and my sister-in-law (co-borrower) multiple times a day. This was not the big problem. They called and spoke with my brother, who is not my co-borrower. He asked what the problem was and they said they could not tell him. At the very end of the conversation, the representative stated that she would answer only yes/no questions. He asked if the loan was delinquent, and she said yes. I find this ridiculous. They gave out my private information to someone who has nothing to do with the loan. This was completely embarrassing!

swalsh411

And what are your damages? Chances are pretty good your brother knows you and his wife are in some financial difficulty. And don't you think he suspected you were behind on payments as the reason they were calling all the time? You didn't win the lottery.

Hot Topic

I guess you've learned that you better pay Salliemae on time since you apparently think your brother is the type to share the information if you do otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">