• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can judgement creditor take your dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annajosie

What is the name of your state? Fl.
I was reading something about this on this site and then I lost it. It was about a dog being taken as an asset as the dog is considered "property". I have never heard of that before and I wanted to ask if this is indeed true? If a judgement creditor can come in and take your dog, what do they do with the dog?

Also, can they take your furniture regardless of what shape it is in? If a debtor has old, worn out furniture, I would guess that they would be happy if a creditor did come in and take it. At least the debtor wouldn't have to move the furniture out of the house themselves for a garage sale or something.

I did read that "debt collector" did indeed threaten to take somebody's dog and the debtors paid him.

I'm wondering if the debt collector would consider a USELESS HUSBAND as an asset and take him along with the furniture, the dog and a plastic bag which contains old breast implants. Would all of these be considered "assets"???

Just wondering!!!!!!!

seniorjudge

Q: I'm wondering if the debt collector would consider a USELESS HUSBAND as an asset and take him along with the furniture, the dog and a plastic bag which contains old breast implants. Would all of these be considered "assets"?

A: What kind of plastic bag is it?

HomeGuru

I was reading something about this on this site and then I lost it. It was about a dog being taken as an asset as the dog is considered "property". I have never heard of that before and I wanted to ask if this is indeed true? If a judgement creditor can come in and take your dog, what do they do with the dog?

**A: a dog is considered personal property. I guess they can sell the dog fleas and all.

Also, can they take your furniture regardless of what shape it is in? If a debtor has old, worn out furniture, I would guess that they would be happy if a creditor did come in and take it. At least the debtor wouldn't have to move the furniture out of the house themselves for a garage sale or something.

I did read that "debt collector" did indeed threaten to take somebody's dog and the debtors paid him.

I'm wondering if the debt collector would consider a USELESS HUSBAND as an asset and take him along with the furniture, the dog and a plastic bag which contains old breast implants. Would all of these be considered "assets"???

Just wondering!!!!!!!

**A a useless husband is not considered personal property so no. But you could offer this husband in exchange doing an even trade to get the dog back.

TigerD

Sell it at auction.

Not likely, but possible.

Didn't threaten. I sent the sheriff over and took the dog. They paid before I auctioned him.

No. I would consider a wife for possible sale to the Thailand sex trade, but if the breast implants have been removed, she's worthless.

DC

annajosie

Ah, so you advocate the sex slave trade of women to Thailand (assuming, of course, that they have breast implants). You sound like a true gentleman.

I know we have been kidding around here a bit with some humor, but the reference to the sex trade of women (there have been many documentaries about the horror of this) is not funny, it is disgusting and so, mr. debt guy, are you!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">