• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a lender sue the witness who signed over the loan agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweeteeclau

I am the witness between the lender and the borrower. Both of them are my friends. The borrower knew the lender because of me. The lender lent money to the borrower as an investment. They did sign on the promisorry note and I was the witness. The borrower received check for the principal amount but the 25% interest will be deposited to the lender's fiance account number. All details are stated there. If the borrower fails to repay the lender, can the lender sue me for I am the witness. And without me, she wouldn't knew the borrower.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am the witness between the lender and the borrower. Both of them are my friends. The borrower knew the lender because of me. The lender lent money to the borrower as an investment. They did sign on the promisorry note and I was the witness. The borrower received check for the principal amount but the 25% interest will be deposited to the lender's fiance account number. All details are stated there. If the borrower fails to repay the lender, can the lender sue me for I am the witness. And without me, she wouldn't knew the borrower.
US Law Only!

HomeGuru

**A: yes she can sue you. But she will not win since you were not the borrower and were not a party to the transaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">