• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a wholesaler contact their customer's customer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bender0302

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florida
I have a wholesale business. One customer owes me a large sum of money. All his orders are now on hold. Am I allowed to conatact his retail cutomers and sell directly to themWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florida
I have a wholesale business. One customer owes me a large sum of money. All his orders are now on hold. Am I allowed to conatact his retail cutomers and sell directly to themWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Did you sign a contract giving this company exclusive selling rights or distribution in his area? Did you sign any type of agreement regarding sales territories, referrals, etc.

Over selling your customer is a bad idea if you want to maintain a good relationship with your customer and others. If your customer goes out of business then you can sell to his customers directly. Otherwise it would be highly unethical and possibly illegal based on any agreements you may have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">