• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car finance company - behind by one payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drivingmecrazy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am a payment behind with our auto loan...both my wife and I were let go from our last job. I've requested with them to please defer or grant us an extension until we find a job, maybe the next two payments.

They are telling me they cant do it period. I was told "by a friend" that they have to by law grant you two estension per year if needed. Is this true?

Thank you for your assistance...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

emach1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am a payment behind with our auto loan...both my wife and I were let go from our last job. I've requested with them to please defer or grant us an extension until we find a job, maybe the next two payments.

They are telling me they cant do it period. I was told "by a friend" that they have to by law grant you two estension per year if needed. Is this true?

Thank you for your assistance...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Capital One put one payment on the back of my loan out of courtesy and they did this after I was laid off. They told me they couldnt do another one until I waited a year. Then again, I had a perfect payment record with them until the layoff. If you have good history, why wouldnt they grant you at least ONE skipped payment which you put on the end of the loan? Who is your finance company, btw? Let us know so we can avoid them.

drivingmecrazy

Capital One put one payment on the back of my loan out of courtesy and they did this after I was laid off. They told me they couldnt do another one until I waited a year. Then again, I had a perfect payment record with them until the layoff. If you have good history, why wouldnt they grant you at least ONE skipped payment which you put on the end of the loan? Who is your finance company, btw? Let us know so we can avoid them.
We had a perfect payment history with them as a matter of fact, one payment ahead even. The company is Fireside Bank . Fireside Bank: Investing in relationships for over 50 years Avoid at all costs! We originally had our loan through longbeach acceptance corp who was then purchased by Fireside. Let me tel you, NO HELP what so ever! I told them, look at our history, we have 4 young children and are both out of work now. Once unemployement kicks in, we can even make partial payments. They wouldnt listen at all..... GO FIGURE!

emach1

We had a perfect payment history with them as a matter of fact, one payment ahead even. The company is Fireside Bank . Fireside Bank: Investing in relationships for over 50 years Avoid at all costs! We originally had our loan through longbeach acceptance corp who was then purchased by Fireside. Let me tel you, NO HELP what so ever! I told them, look at our history, we have 4 young children and are both out of work now. Once unemployement kicks in, we can even make partial payments. They wouldnt listen at all..... GO FIGURE!
Good to know. Avoid Firesidebank at all costs. They are another bank/finance company that deserves no business. Thanks. Good luck with your situation.

wyett717

Emach, will your idiocy ever stop? Really. This site is for legal advice, which you have yet to offer in any valid form.

Since when are banks obliged to allow a person to skip a payment? It doesn't matter if you think they ought to, or if some banks have been so generous to do so for others, the reality is that they don't have to. When you sign an agreement to take out and pay back a loan, lenders tend to assume you will honor said agreement.

I'm sure Fireside Bank will be shaking in their boots knowing that they won't get your business.

wyett717

On second thought, after reading your other posts on this site, I take back my comments. Clearly you are a financial wizard and have all the secrets to beating/manipulating the system, who am I to make an attempt at sensibility?

You have vowed to avoid business ties with Capital One and Fireside Bank, but based on your posts, I wouldn't count on engaging in many banking relationships anywhere.

emach1

On second thought, after reading your other posts on this site, I take back my comments. Clearly you are a financial wizard and have all the secrets to beating/manipulating the system, who am I to make an attempt at sensibility?

You have vowed to avoid business ties with Capital One and Fireside Bank, but based on your posts, I wouldn't count on engaging in many banking relationships anywhere.
Actually, Capital One and I still have connections.

How's that foreclosure looking on your pristine credit report?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">