• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cease and Desist Letter - Again??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clorec

What is the name of your state? FL

I have posted prior here and have received valuable information. Long story short, wrote a cease and desist letter certified return receipt, Aug 2005 since then I have been called numerous times, recieved about three to four letters requesting payment from this debt collector. Contacted FTC to file complaint, they stated they couldn't help yet gave me guidelines that the "debt collector" is forced to follow, one of which is that they may not contact you should you send them a cease and desist letter. circles their. :confused:

Now I am trying to see if any attorney is interested taking this case, in the meantime
should I send a second cease and desist letter that notifies them also that they are in violation of the FDCPA as I stated they would be if they should contact me in the first letter, or should i wait to see if, which I doubt, an attorney would be interested in stopping these guys noting that the first letter is notification enough for them to stop.

TigerD

The cease and desist letter you sent -- did you:
1. Send it certified mail return receipt requested;
2. Copy a letter off the internet that included segments of code and mischaracterizations of law;
3. Send it to the right company?

If you don't have a return receipt -- you didn't send it.
If you sent a CD and quoted law as the basis and made an error in the law -- it doesn't count.
If you sent it to the wrong CA or to the OC it doesn't count.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">