• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Centurylink trying to claim debt I supposedly owe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ginger_kid

So century link is trying to collect money from me through a collection agency saying that I owe them 116 dollars and some change so I called them and they said it was because I disconnected from them in the start of January do to moving into my grandparents place temporarily do to my apartment evicting my whole building for a remodel I was never told that I owed them money never received a final bill or a disconnect fee notice of any sort I was told by the gentlemen I was not informed there would be a disconnect fee and he said we don't have to tell you I said as well I didn't receive a final bill or a disconnect fee notice he said you received your bill for December that was your last bill and we don't have to tell you but you did receive a bill to your address in the mail sayingbyou owe us money it was for my grandparents and at the time I would have received it I was still moving out and getting stuff situated for my new apartment and if they received it I would have been given it and I said I should have received an email as well because my account gets both hard and digital copies of all my bills he said no you shouldn't have I need a little advice and am at an impass

Dave1952

I'm not sure what you are asking. It sounds as if you owe the money. Have you confirmed this? If so then pay it. If not, why haven't you confirmed this. Your arguments about not receiving the monthly bill does not eliminate the debt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">