• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charge Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sedarius2005

Georgia

If lender signed over title of a vehicle as free and clear, am I still obligated to pay balance due? My insurance paid 16,000 out of 20,000 dollars but there was still a balance due.

justalayman

yes you are. Releasing the security interest (the lien) does not relieve you of the financial obligation you signed for when borrowing money.

amberxo

Georgia

If lender signed over title of a vehicle as free and clear, am I still obligated to pay balance due? My insurance paid 16,000 out of 20,000 dollars but there was still a balance due.

Did you get in an accident and total it? If you did, you might want to check and see if you purchased GAP insurance to cover the difference! The dealer usually offers it and so does the bank.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">