• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charge off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teddybear3060

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Louisiana. I have a Verizon account since 2006. I gave my daughter authority on the account to do as she pleases. I have not purchased anything on the account for me in 8 years. I have another account with Verizon in good standings that I use just for me and my wife. I recently check my credit report and a charge-off from Verizon and I did not know why until I contacted Verizon. I told Verizon I was willing to make it right, but I never received a written notice from Verizon or the collection agency. They replied that notices where mailed, but to my daughters home address instead of mine. They are blaming the change of address that my daughter did, because I no longer was using the account and trusted my daughter to take over the account. I don't understand if I have an account should I still be listed as the primary and since I have another account with Verizon, they should have my address as well. I am just wandering is there any legal action I can take to reverse the action that was reported on my credit report?

Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Louisiana. I have a Verizon account since 2006. I gave my daughter authority on the account to do as she pleases.
This says it all. I think it's time to have a talk with your daughter.

FlyingRon

There's nothing improper about what Verizon did. It's YOUR responsibility to pay the bill rather the expecting your daughter to do so. They are not obliged to come hunt you down. If you want the bills to come to your address, you need to report the change of address on EACH ACCOUNT you have.

At least now if you pay, you can probably get it reported as PAID AS AGREED though there will be still some black marks on the bad payment history.

teddybear3060

charge off

Right - and it was not improperly changed. You gave her full authority over the account.
When I gave her the authority over the account, it was done over the phone with a Verizon rep. Can my daughter be held legally responsible for being negligent on the account?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">