• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citibank calling wrong number to collect debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peechykeen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

For nearly 1 1/2 years Citibank has been calling to collect a debt from an individual that used to have my phone/fax number. At first I received faxes from them. I called to inform them of the wrong telephone number. Then I added a separate fax line and the number became a regular phone line. Then they started calling and leaving messages. I also phoned them and went through the whole process again. I have been told each time that my phone number will be removed from this person's account, yet I continue to receive calls.

Unfortunately or fortunately, we happen to be a Citibank cardholder. I have even called our customer service department to ask them to intervene. Still to no avail.

Last night was the last straw. They phoned my house after 11:00 p.m. to collect this debt. I know that this is unlawful.

What can I do to stop this harassment?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">