• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citibank, how do I proceed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smohio

What is the name of your state? OH

Well, I apparently do not get to go to court for a cc debt the judge was going to award a judgement to them. So what could I be facing anyone know. Also the attorney will not provide details of what his collectors did, if I get a relative to get a job there and get the information can I sue the judge for not having them release details and being ignorant not giving my due or will the cc company be slightly reasonable afforable monthly payment type of deal, I have tech gurus that can solve my problem. Any advice welcomed.

smohio

Someone give me an opinion, I paid these people what they wanted and know have lost a court case, because they did not send me a paper they were writing, they taped the call and will not provide this. Any suggestion would be appreciative.

Ladynred

I'm sorry, but you're a tad too cryptic in what happened. Apparently you were sued and a judgment was granted against you. What is this "paper" you say they were supposed to provide to you ??

I get a relative to get a job there and get the information
Get a job WHERE ?

can I sue the judge for not having them release details and being ignorant not giving my due
Nope, the law protects judges from just this sort of thing.
or will the cc company be slightly reasonable afforable monthly payment type of deal,
Not likely, they have a judgment, they can get whatever the law allows - wage garnishment, siezing your bank account(s) and any non-exempt assets. If you can't pay them at LEAST what they'd get in a garnishment they're not likely to deal.
I have tech gurus that can solve my problem.
If you're suggsting what I think you are, that would ILLEGAL !!

smohio

Lady n red

Ladynred said:
I'm sorry, but you're a tad too cryptic in what happened. Apparently you were sued and a judgment was granted against you. What is this "paper" you say they were supposed to provide to you ??

Get a job WHERE ?

Nope, the law protects judges from just this sort of thing.

Not likely, they have a judgment, they can get whatever the law allows - wage garnishment, siezing your bank account(s) and any non-exempt assets. If you can't pay them at LEAST what they'd get in a garnishment they're not likely to deal.

If you're suggsting what I think you are, that would ILLEGAL !!

Well Ladynred the paper is from the collection agency ACS- Javitch Block sued me. ACS recorded the phone call and promised me a letter stating after I pay XX we are settled. Well I never received my letter after numerous calls and now they will not talk to me since they turned it over to the Bank.

Get a job where is at ACS and steal my files yes steal it. They will not give it to me so I will get it myself, I am pissed.

So to that end what can I tell the judge to convince him and the lawyers they are sniffing crazy glue and need to pay attention to their internal policies a little more.

Ladynred

Not much I'm afraid. ACS LIED to you about the letter... and now you're stuck w/o any proof. Unless you can subpoena their phone recordings.. and you'd have to go thru discovery to do that.

Steal their files ?? If you get caught..you'd REALLY be in trouble.

smohio

Citibank - their motion denied what does it mean

Ohio-

Today I received a letter from the court about a summary judgement filed by Citi, their motion denied. What happens now? Originally their was court date set for October 14 but they filed this motion, but now it was denied do I still go to court. The paper reads " the plaintiff submitted an affidavit from blank and it was notarized by someone in Point A. The purported affidavit is not proper support for the motion.

next it reads " Defendant (me) properly raised the defense of accord and satisfaction in their answer. Nothing in the affidavit(above) submitted with the motion refutes or contradicts Defendant's defense.

" The motion for summary judgement is denied "

Can they still proceed, I think this is good for me, but can someone shed light on this.

Thanks.

Ladynred

This is a good thing. They asked for an automatic win and the judge denied it. You STILL should go to court, it will be your chance to prove your case and get the thing thrown out for good. I can't believe they actually tried to use one of their bogus 'affidavits of debt' as support for a MSJ.

I would check with the court to make sure the court date is still on. If you're REAL lucky, they'll withdraw the case entirely. In either case, you want to ask for a dismissal WITH prejudice so they can't come back at you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">