• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Agency won't talk to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I want to pay off an old debt. But I can't get a hold of anyone at the collection agency. I call the number and the recording tells me to hold for the next available operator. I decided to SIT ON HOLD till someone answers. So far I have been on hold for 97 hours.. LOL

They are paying for the 800 number not me. So I'll just do what's asked. "Please hold for the next available operator". If they don't answer in the next few weeks. Oh well... They are probably being charged 5 to 10 cents a minute for the 800 service.. .. 97 hours probably wracked up about $500.00 in 800 usage.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

I want to pay off an old debt. But I can't get a hold of anyone at the collection agency. I call the number and the recording tells me to hold for the next available operator. I decided to SIT ON HOLD till someone answers. So far I have been on hold for 97 hours.. LOL

They are paying for the 800 number not me. So I'll just do what's asked. "Please hold for the next available operator". If they don't answer in the next few weeks. Oh well... They are probably being charged 5 to 10 cents a minute for the 800 service.. .. LOL
What is your legal question for us?

the question

what do you do if collection agency doesn't respond to phone calls? E-mails? Snail Mail?
I suppose show the record of attempted coorespondence to the credit reporting agencies and dispute the item. :\

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">