• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection of a personal unsecured note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eagle24

State is Rhode Island. Note created in Washington. Can a note holder sue someone who is not a signer of the note for collection or non-payment on the basis that the non-signing person was given some of the proceeds by the note signer? The note is unsecured by any specific collateral.

eagle24

That is exactly the answer I wanted to hear. Thanks. I spent 30 years as a senior executive in the banking industry, and would never attempt to collect against anyone who was not a signer. But, someone (not I) is threatening to attempt this action in the near future. Sounds like desperation to me. But, I wasn't sure if there are any circumstances under which a note holder could be successful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">