• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collections subscription

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

James1082

Georgia

Thank you for all your help. I am needing some advice on a legal matter about a subscription service I signed up for named WGSN. I signed up for the service last year and shortly after I fell into some financial trouble. Now earlier this year they have had their lawyers contact and are asking me to pay for the full 11 to 12 months of service even though after two to three months they cut my service off and I am still not able to use it. I have asked to only pay for the months the service was active and they are saying based on the the terms which I later saw is stated on their website I have to pay for the full contract. I can also copy and paste the pasty of the website that states about the full contact payment is needed. Is there any advice you can give me to help me through this situation? I would greatly appreciate it thank you so much for all your help.

quincy

I guess I won't be getting a response on here thank you guys for all your help anyway.
I am sorry your thread was for some reason overlooked by the forum volunteers, James1082.

It is often the case that a consumer only has a limited amount of time after signing a service contract to cancel the contract without penalty. It is vital that all terms of any contract are read and fully understood by a consumer before signing, as the signature is what legally binds a consumer to all of the contract's terms.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if you committed yourself to paying for a full year's subscription and, even though you stopped paying and the service was cancelled for non-payment, you are still legally liable for the balance owing on the subscription. This is similar to signing a year's lease on an apartment and then breaking the lease and vacating the apartment early. Even though you no longer live in the apartment, your legal obligations to the landlord remain.

Negotiating with the subscription service might work to reduce the amount they will accept as payment in full, but the subscription service does not have to negotiate. They potentially can sue to collect all that was contractually agreed to.

You could review the contract with an attorney in your area for a better determination of your legal obligations.

Again, I apologize for the late response to your concerns.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">