• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collector Continuously Calling a Wrong Number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anthony2

Illinois

Hello,

Apologies if this isn't in the correct forum, but it's the one I thought fit best.

I recently changed my cellular number, and I guess they gave me a number that was used previously and not a new one, because I keep getting calls (and voice messages) asking for "Kenya". Well, there's this establishment that keeps calling (they've called three times already) and I told them the first time they called that this is MY number now and that they need to stop calling - the rep. stated that she would "take me off of the list" and that was pretty much it for the first call.

They called again - left another message for "Kenya", I called them back AGAIN, and explained the situation to them and again they said they would mark it down as a changed number.

And now today, some girl left another message from the same place. I was very annoyed and told her that I've already asked two other employees to stop calling and asked why she called, she said that she didn't notice the "note". I asked to speak with her manager, and she said that she WAS the manager. I then asked how she was promoted to such a high position considering she can't read a simple note. She then became aggressive, and after a few short moments, she hangs up on me.

So here's what I want to know:

In the event that this happens happens again, what can I do? How many options do I have?

I did a search on Google and the FCC popped up. Is this the only place to file a complaint? How can I get these dumbasses to stop calling my phone? I know they probably think it's a friend of "Kenya's" or something, and is why I believe they said that SHE has to call and tell them that the number has changed, but I don't think that I should be left to deal with this crap.

Any comments? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance~

Last edited:

TigerD

It can be annoying. But you really need to be nice to the person on the other end of the phone. They are on an automatic dialer and have 2.3 seconds to read the file while talking to you. If you are a jerk, you might find the number confirmed as a correct contact number.

Flies and sugar.

Be nice and explain you just got the cell phone. It will work much better. Also, you may want to consider asking your cell company to issue you a new phone number. Most do it very quickly and at little to no cost. Chances are if Kenya has one creditor calling, there will be many more in the future.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">