• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collector won't send info in mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
(I'd like to fight it because I'm afraid they'll want it all at once and we don't have it. Our income is tight. Or if I could find a resonable way to pay it back. I'm also afraid if I pay it back now that it will lower my credit score.)
Why wouldn't they want it all at once? You've already proved unable to stick to payment arrangements. As for being afraid to pay it back now...what do you think is going to happen with a judgment on your record.

You have given no information to suggest that you might be able to successfully contest this in court. In any case, you MUST follow the procedures of the court in order to have any chance at all.

Chien

Answer DG's and TP's posts and think about whether you have any ability to propose a payment arrangement, if the alternative is a judgment or bankruptcy. You don't live in a creditor-friendly state, and that could work to your advantage.

Debt Guy

Henry

I just responded to your PM. I did some searching to find the original thread and your answers to the questions I posed.

The debt may or may not be out of statute, It will be very close.

Sounds to me like that will be your first defense and easiest defense.

3. When is the due date for your answer to the lawsuit? It will be somewhere on the summons and complaint.

(I can't find a date. It just says to call if you intend to enter a defense)

Then call. Find out what you have to do to file an answer.

PA is pretty debtor friendly and does not allow a wage garnishment. A judgment can cause other grief.

I can point you in the right direction. I can help you some. I cannot do this for you. You are going to have to grow a backbone and stand up for yourself if you are going to have any success with this. Are you willing to do that?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">