• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comcast Cable Collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cosine

Most of Comcast's problems are just the same is most other large corporations. They just can't get things organized well enough to function because of the size.

OHRoadwarrior

You should have read the fine print on your contracts. You accepted they could charge your card whatever they deemed the monthly amount due to be. If you live paycheck to paycheck, you should leave a balance in savings sufficient to handle billing disputes. You waived the right to dispute the bills in advance of payment when you signed up for auto-billing.

OK, I know my post was long but maybe you should read things carefully before you respond. I was NOT getting a credit back on my credit card and guess what, I don't know how YOU pay your bills, but I put balances on my card and pay it off in full each month. I don't let balances fester and get ridiculous interest charges because like I said my credit was not the best but it's been better than it has been for quite some time. And guess what, if you send me a bill for 174.98 and you bill me 340.09 it's not ok to just say we'll credit your account, no credit the account you took the money from, which is my credit card. They should have never agreed to credit the card if they were going to apply the credits to my comcast account. Furthermore, I work in customer care, so I have plenty of patience, I deal with disgruntled people several times a day. NOW... MOVING forward, if your comment does not pertain to the question that I mentioned at the end... you need not respond. I didn't post this to get options on my level of patience, but to get suggestions on how to proceed in my current situation. Thanks!

cosine

And this is one of the reasons people should avoid auto-billing. Instead, set up an auto-payment system which you are in control of, if your bank offers that.

cosine

Do not provide your credit card info to these companies. Instead, ask them for their bank routing numbers, or the location of a nearby office (Comcast has them in lots of places). Or just look up their nearby office via Google Maps. Do expect to pay security deposits. Do keep a record of every payment to be sure they don't try to swindle you out of the deposit.

CrookedComcast

Yeah, I definitely learned my lesson. I had just never had any problems with their billing in the past, and that was literally the first payment I ever did with them on auto-pay. SMH... NEVER again, except I still pay online, autopay but like you said, I now do it through my bank, and can control how much is sent.

CrookedComcast

As I was sitting and thinking about this whole situation, something else dawned on me. They claim the collection was automatically sent to collection because the old account had been closed, however, if they are billing a month in advance for the move, shouldn't it have been on my new account??? Just something that crossed my mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">