• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card court case in kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kygirlneedshelp

Back again

Well I’m back again on the same case:mad:
This case has been dismissed twice and brought back.
The first time it was dismissed due to the fact that they moved for default judgment because I had not responded.
Which in fact I had and then had to prove that I had they did not show so it was dismissed.

The this last time They showed and wanted to dispute my claim of SOL saying it was a written contract. But she had not done something that pissed off the judge and she asked the lawyer why she hadn’t done it and said that I had asserted a solid defense.
But then turned to me and asked why i had not responded to the latest letter they had sent me to prove my case.

(Me.) Your honer I was not aware that I needed to reply as it did not state that I needed to like the last one did.
(judge.) Well that’s not my problem I can not teach you to be a lawyer and if you chose to defend your self then you need to start learning and that’s what you get for defending your self.

So I was then instructed that the case was dismissed but I need to respond to the new letter that I would be receiving and that I need to prove my case.
I’m just confused I had all the stuff I needed to try and prove my case with me but she wouldn’t hear me. Whats the point of going to court if its not to prove your case. ugggg I’m so frustrated.

So I am in need of some Kentucky case law if anyone knows of any.
I could really use some help Thanks for listing to me rage and Thanks for any help:)

And to Zigner I apologize for not responding I did not receive a email or somehow over looked it.
To answer your question yes I did live here in 2004.

kygirlneedshelp

Case law?

I was just wondering if maybe by now there would be some case law to help with my defense.
Im getting desperate I just can't find anything for kenutcky.Any help me so much.Thanks

Proserpina

Hon, the judge pretty much told you how it is.

If you need to be asking for case law etc., it's probably a huge indication that you need an attorney.

Have you tried Lexis? Google scholar? Westlaw?

kygirlneedshelp

Still in limbo

The last time I went to court back in April
the judge ordered the plaintiff to respond to my answer and
that I need to respond to their new response.

I have done what the judge asked me to do now it's just in Limbo.

I keep checking with my clerk to see if anything new is happening.

So my question is How long can it just stay in Limbo like this?

How long Do they have to file a motion?

I am so ready for this to be over.

Thanks for any help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have to apologize - this is page 2 of your original thread. I don't know why I didn't see that (I checked, really I did!) Sorry about that. :eek:

LdiJ

The last time I went to court back in April
the judge ordered the plaintiff to respond to my answer and
that I need to respond to their new response.

I have done what the judge asked me to do now it's just in Limbo.

I keep checking with my clerk to see if anything new is happening.

So my question is How long can it just stay in Limbo like this?

How long Do they have to file a motion?

I am so ready for this to be over.

Thanks for any help.
Unfortunately it can be inactive for quite a while. Each state is different but it can be inactive for as much as two years in some states before it will be administratively dismissed. The attorney is probably as frustrated as you are because they are not used to people actually contesting these things. How much actual money is involved?

kygirlneedshelp

Unfortunately it can be inactive for quite a while. Each state is different but it can be inactive for as much as two years in some states before it will be administratively dismissed. The attorney is probably as frustrated as you are because they are not used to people actually contesting these things. How much actual money is involved?
I'm not a 100% sure but I think by now it up to around $4000

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">