• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card trans from someone elses card to min for lower interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taffanie Stavel

What is the name of your state? texas
I had been in a committed relationship with a female (I am also) for 4 years. Was the business accountant for her hair salon as well as her personal affairs and her children...
She had rather large balances on her credit cards with high interest. Tried to help her and we put her balances on my credit cards with very low interest so she could pay them off sooner. The agreement was as a loan and she would be paying them.

We recently had a parting of the ways and now she says to bad for me i am stuck with the $15,000 (which $8000 was the original transfer which was stuff incured before we met. and the rest we both had a part in)

My credit was great until this happend and was wondering if i had a case to file on her. i had the original statements with the transfered amounts and names.
i am willing to split the remaining balance, but do not see how i should be responsible for debts incured before our relationship. especially since i loaned her that money to help her get out of debt. her interest was 29% and mine was 10%.....

Debt Guy

Can you file suit? Yes.

Can you win? I don't know.

If you win, can you collect? Don't know that either.

Speak to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">