• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Date of last Payment or Date of last activity?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tigz

What is the name of your state? FL (count in GA too, as that is where I live now)

What date do I use to determine if something is out of the statute of limitations for Florida. Last payment (on credit report) shows 10/2000. Last activity shows 9/2001. I know for a fact that no payment was made after 12/2000 and possibly the 10/2000 is correct. (although I thought one was made in 12/2000, but memory may serve me wrong here - it could have been in october). Is there any way - prior to talking to any collection agency - to find out the actual date of last payment?

Thanks.

Equifax has pretty detailed info on their report. Have you tried pulling your Equifax report to see what the dates they are showing? If you're looking at an Experian report - don't. Their dates are completely unreliable.

Tigz

I have my Equifax report (or online version thereof) it shows the date reported as 9/01, and date of last activity as 10/2000.
(Sorry, my bad - I looked at it wrong)

But looking at the 24 month payment history chart....it shows
the following:

08/2000 Pay 1/2001 Pay
09/2000 Pay 2/2001 30 days
10/2000 30 days 3/2001 60 days
11/2000 60 days 4/2001 90 days
12/2000 90 days 5-7/2001 120 days

Then strangely, it shows the * again (meaning pays as agreed) again on 8/2001. Although I am presuming that it was supposed to show charge-off instead

However, it does definitely say that 10/2000 was date of last activity.

Either which way, I should be safe to contact the collection agency in February and request a letter of validation shouldn’t I?

I don’t want to make contact with these people until I am sure that the SOL is up. From what I understand, this is a pretty vicious company

One other thing… I looked up the CAs listing on my Equifax report. They apparently didn’t buy the account until 2004 –or so I assume since they never tried to make contact until then and their company didn’t show up on my credit report until then. However, they show a date of last activity as 3/2001, which doesn’t jive with the 10/2000 date listed by the original creditor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">