• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt collection receiving disability only no assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noreenp

What is the name of your state OHIO

I am being sued by a credit company for 10.000 even after have writtn time after time telling them I am 100 percent disabled, receiving only VA bisability benefits SSI and a smalls disability ck from former employer, I have answered their summons in writing sending them copies of Drs. forms and proof of income. Now I receive in the mail by their atty. deposition forms to be filledout infront of a notarru. I am a quadraplegic and am housebound having everthing done o daily needs.How can I stop this lawsuit. Iam very concerned about them taing my income which is direct deposited into my acct. This all the income I have. Please help

noreenpWhat is the name of your state?

TigerD

A disabled vet living solely on disability. Are you married? If so what does your spouse take home each month?

I suggest calling the American Legion, or DAV and asking about legal help. They may be able to refer you to an attorney that will assist you for free or for a reduced rate.

DC

--If you can afford to settle this and need help negotiating, PM me -- I'd be happy to help you through it.

BL

There is a US code preventing seizers of your bank account on VA benifits . Call your Local VA Center and speak with a rep . to have them send a couple copies to you .

SSI also can not be garnished for Debts , and most likely the other disability funds .

If these are the ONLY and SOLE income in your bank account , your bank account and money in it IS protected .

If they happen to freeze the account anyway , show your bank and the collection agency the US code , look up garnishements on the SSA site and provide the bank with it , and demand both from the bank and the Collection agency , that the lift the freeze .

Also if the account is froze the bank will charge fees . If you're lucky the will drop the fees , but they don't have to .

noreenp

Please I need more help.

Ineed what to do with the deposition fram the plantiffs atty. Iam a quadraplegic I cannot take all this stress. I answered the summons with signed DRS.form and proof of disability benefits.

BL

noreenp said:
Ineed what to do with the deposition fram the plantiffs atty. Iam a quadraplegic I cannot take all this stress. I answered the summons with signed DRS.form and proof of disability benefits.
If you can't get to Court they most likely will get a Judgement .
That doesn't mean they will be able to collect .

You should call legal aid or some such agengies if you are homebound .

You need to protect your income , etc .

noreenp

Help Help

STATE OHIO Ianswered the summons with proof of benefits and signed Drs, form Now I have gotten in the mail deposition forms from the plantiffs atty. Iam a quadaraplegic and all this is very stressful Please reply

BL

Not after a Judgement . Please , unless they petition the Court do not worry .

If they get a Judgement they could seize your account , but then you could have it lifted .

Look if you're in dier straights , I'm sure Agengies involved with you can point you in the right direction to protect yourself .

Ask ...

noreenp

Disability income

I sent the summons and all paperwork I received from Providians atty to my atty waiting to hear from him Thank-you

I have 2 savings bonds I am using to get a badly needed roof, should I cas them and not put the bonds in my ckg acct.The roof is being done soon, Its my elder mothers house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">