• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt recovery service VS me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bighock21

Florida

Debt recovery hired a lawyer, they are suing me. My lawyer has negotiated the loan down to about 1/2, only 2 offer/counter offers were made. This is from a short sale, this was the second mortgage (80/20) from about 6 years ago. My lawyer says to be aware of a possible judgment against me if I don't accept. I was not prepared for this amount based on my initial conversation with my lawyers office, nor do I want to do a bankruptcy or get a judgment. Question is, should I wait for another offer? Or am I jeopardizing any work done so far by waiting and risking the creditor pursing a judgment? I want this over with, but need a better #$ to make it work financially. The creditor said this is their final offer, they did an asset research on my and I am good for that or more.. which I think is a lie, I don't even make enough $ for my bills each month and I am in the hole already. No assets on my end except my business (labor only) that pays me from it's S-corp, which is my income.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Florida

Debt recovery hired a lawyer, they are suing me. My lawyer has negotiated the loan down to about 1/2, only 2 offer/counter offers were made. This is from a short sale, this was the second mortgage (80/20) from about 6 years ago. My lawyer says to be aware of a possible judgment against me if I don't accept. I was not prepared for this amount based on my initial conversation with my lawyers office, nor do I want to do a bankruptcy or get a judgment. Question is, should I wait for another offer? Or am I jeopardizing any work done so far by waiting and risking the creditor pursing a judgment? I want this over with, but need a better #$ to make it work financially. The creditor said this is their final offer, they did an asset research on my and I am good for that or more.. which I think is a lie, I don't even make enough $ for my bills each month and I am in the hole already. No assets on my end except my business (labor only) that pays me from it's S-corp, which is my income.
You are represented, so ask your attorney. There is no way anybody on this (or any other) forum can give you better advice since there is no way we can know all of the details of your matter.

bighock21

You are represented, so ask your attorney. There is no way anybody on this (or any other) forum can give you better advice since there is no way we can know all of the details of your matter.
My attorney is not very helpful, being treated like a high turnover case. They said there is no answer to my question, so I am just looking for some help on what would be the best choice for me to get this settlement more within my available finances. This is why I have asked this question on a forum.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My attorney is not very helpful, being treated like a high turnover case. They said there is no answer to my question, so I am just looking for some help on what would be the best choice for me to get this settlement more within my available finances. This is why I have asked this question on a forum.
I agree with your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">