• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt was reported on credit report, lien on property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eeguy02

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a corporation debt , the company owned by 3 people. The debt was sent to collection agency and attorney, they called me, i ignored them. They did not file a lawsuit against me. Then finally they reported that debt on my credit report. And from credtit report I requested it 's going to stay on my record until year 2013.

My question is what happens after 2013, will that debt be renewed by creditor and stay on my record again. What about the debt if I don't pay them, do I still owe that debt for the rest of my life.

What if I purchase a home, how they know I purchase a home so they will put a lien on my property.

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How did you, personally, end up with a debt on your CR through your corporation?

Antigone*

Sounds like a personal guarantee was taken as an abundance of caution. Good thing because otherwise there would probably be no hope in the financial institution recovering the debt.

If the OP did sign a personal guarantee... you can run, but you can't hide!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">