• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt Validation letter... received. ignored.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Validation letter received. ignored. What to do?

Ca.

Getting phone calls now re: "my litigation"... of which there is no records of, never received summons & nothing filed w/ the courts. The collection agency, Harris & Zide Law Offices (a CA) has ignored my letter (which they signed for) thus far & have not gotten back to me to validate the debt in writing... but today they called, but now speaking low and monotone telling me that I am in trouble. NICE that @ least they're not YELLING but I asked told them not to call me!

I'm sorry but I will not contact any DC unless I have the money to pay them. What's the use of talking to them on the phone when I'm out of work & am currently depending on family members for all support? I have zero assets & no wages to garnish...................... yet.

I'll have to do research on what the next step is after a CA has failed to prove they own my debt... Hope the FDCPA can help me escape the harrassment (that alot of us experience) until I can pay off my debt.

Help/ Info. on next step appreciated.

Last edited:

TigerD

i'llBEback said:
The collection agency, Harris & Zide Law Offices (a CA) has ignored my letter (which they signed for) thus far & have not gotten back to me to validate the debt in writing...
Send them another letter advising them if your intent to file suit under the FDCPA for their failure to provide you with the debt validation. Give them a time period to respond (30 days) and if they do not respond file suit in your local court.

i'llBEback said:
but today they called, but now speaking low and monotone telling me that I am in trouble. NICE that @ least they're not YELLING but I asked told them not to call me!
That doesn't actually work. If you seriously want the debt collector to stop contacting you send them a cease and desist letter. You should be aware that if you do go to that level, the collector will use every resource available from simply reporting in your credit to filing suit and up.

i'llBEback said:
Hope the FDCPA can help me escape the harrassment (that alot of us experience) until I can pay off my debt.
Contacting debtors is not harrassment.

sunar27

debtcollector` said:
Send them another letter advising them if your intent to file suit under the FDCPA for their failure to provide you with the debt validation. Give them a time period to respond (30 days) and if they do not respond file suit in your local court.

That doesn't actually work. If you seriously want the debt collector to stop contacting you send them a cease and desist letter. You should be aware that if you do go to that level, the collector will use every resource available from simply reporting in your credit to filing suit and up.

Contacting debtors is not harrassment.
Send them a limited cease and desist... they can always mail you. I hate talking to weirdos on the phone so this may work out for you too.

realize... my original DV letter was C&D aft. 30 days!

In the letter I sent on May 3 (now over 40 days ago)
I realized it has stated, "I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communications with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS."

So it appears this CA is in violation of not C&D... what do I do now? Though I have recieved telephone calls I have yet to receive anything in the mail. IF I decide to as the C&D letter states, should I save/record the voicemails left?

TIA for any response

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">