• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discover Card Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tilley_02

I live in Florida and have just received a summons from Discover Card for $8200 credit card. I did stop paying this credit card because the minimum payment they wanted was over $200 and I was going to use a debt settlement company to pay off the card. I received a call from a lawyer representing discover card who wanted a settlement payment of $400 or a payment of over $200 a month. My husband spoke with them and offered to pay $150 a month and they said they would not take that and would see us in court in one month. 6 months later I received a summons. I know I need to file an answer and I've read I should deny all allegations so that I can ask for a discovery at the trail.

I want to know if this is true for Florida and what my chances of beating Discover Card are? I only make $39,000 a year and am supporting my husband and two children. We have one car paid off that is worth $1000 and one car we're paying on that was just bought in December due to theft of the last car. What is the chance that a judgement against my car will be reached?

Any information would be great! Thanks!

tilley_02

Zinger

Counseling will solve this court issue? Awesome! Thanks so much for the advice! I think I'll just ignore the summons then and take it to a counselor instead. Thank you for being so helpful!

ShyCat

Zigner, it appears that the OP was responding to DC's signature which quoted you. Personally, I think the signature feature is the source of too much confusion and a waste of bandwidth for the sake of a few regular's entertainment. Oh well....

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Zigner, it appears that the OP was responding to DC's signature which quoted you. Personally, I think the signature feature is the source of too much confusion and a waste of bandwidth for the sake of a few regular's entertainment. Oh well....
Gotcha .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">