• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissed without prejudice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chuck60610

What is the name of your state? Illinois.

I had a law suit placed againts me by LVNV Funding for an old credit card debt. I went to court with the defense of Statue of Limitations and the judge dismissed the case without prejudice. Now it seams as if LVNV Funding has sold the debt to Merchants Credit Guide. Merchants Credit Guide says notify them within 30 days if you dispute the validity of the debt.

My question is should I forward the Judge's decision to Merchants Credit Guide? I would assume, which could be a bad assumption on my part, that LVNV would of forwarded that information to them.

Ladynred

My question is should I forward the Judge's decision to Merchants Credit Guide?
You can, but it won't make much difference, the court decision was only against LVNV. Send MCG a cease and desist letter stating they a re never to contact you again as the debt is time barred. Send it certified RRR and keep copies of everything.

I would assume, which could be a bad assumption on my part, that LVNV would of forwarded that information to them.
You had it right.. bad assumption. LVNV likely forwarded NOTHING.

fatlard

What is the name of your state? Illinois.

I had a law suit placed againts me by LVNV Funding for an old credit card debt. I went to court with the defense of Statue of Limitations and the judge dismissed the case without prejudice. Now it seams as if LVNV Funding has sold the debt to Merchants Credit Guide. Merchants Credit Guide says notify them within 30 days if you dispute the validity of the debt.

My question is should I forward the Judge's decision to Merchants Credit Guide? I would assume, which could be a bad assumption on my part, that LVNV would of forwarded that information to them.
Hey Chuck.

When you got the case dismissed.. did you get it dismissed it using the 5 years SOL or 10 years SOL

kpkennington

question

Hi Chuck, I live in Chicago too and just got served to file an appearance. I'm being sued by a collection agency for an old credit card debt that was charged off in Sept. 2001. In fact, I just posted my own question in this thread when I noticed yours. I was wondering if the sol is 5 years here in Illinois. Also, did you bring anything to show the judge, like copies of the sol laws? Thanks! Kathie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">