• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do not want my debt to fall on husband when commit suicide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiekat

i appreciate all of the advice

I wanted to thank those that replied no matter what their thoughts. I am just now reading these replies. My husband spoke with our family doctor regarding my depression, and I went inpatient for 5 days. For now the plans I had are on hold, and I am hoping will remain so. Maybe you can help with my financial issues a different way.

The credit card bills all stem from medical bills I payed. Had two herniated disks, and was bed ridden for nine months last year, and had 6 spinal injections. My health coverage did not kick in until after the first $10,000. I recently began having back pain again, and was told I would have to have 2 injections, at the cost of $2000 each, a year probably for the rest of my life.

What are the laws with medical bills, I kept getting notice after notice before, and wasn't able to work for 9 months, so I paid with a credit card. What is the worst the hospital and doctors can do it I make a much smaller payment than they want, say $25 dollars to each every week? Can and Will they ruin my credit? I am not as worried about paying off the credit cards, as I am knowing this will continue the rest of my life with ongoing medical bills.
Any suggestions?

Veronica1228

katiekat said:
I wanted to thank those that replied no matter what their thoughts. I am just now reading these replies. My husband spoke with our family doctor regarding my depression, and I went inpatient for 5 days. For now the plans I had are on hold, and I am hoping will remain so. Maybe you can help with my financial issues a different way.

The credit card bills all stem from medical bills I payed. Had two herniated disks, and was bed ridden for nine months last year, and had 6 spinal injections. My health coverage did not kick in until after the first $10,000. I recently began having back pain again, and was told I would have to have 2 injections, at the cost of $2000 each, a year probably for the rest of my life.

What are the laws with medical bills, I kept getting notice after notice before, and wasn't able to work for 9 months, so I paid with a credit card. What is the worst the hospital and doctors can do it I make a much smaller payment than they want, say $25 dollars to each every week? Can and Will they ruin my credit? I am not as worried about paying off the credit cards, as I am knowing this will continue the rest of my life with ongoing medical bills.
Any suggestions?
Have you tried talking to a Social Worker or someone similar at the hospital? Many hospitals will work with you for payments you can afford, or if your financial situation is really in dire straits they will forgive the debt all together. Try that first and then come back and let me know how it went.

Good luck.

Mercurial

Sometimes feeling so despondent, to the point of wanting to stop the pain is not a conscience choice. It is more often than not chemical in nature, an imbalance in the brains chemistry, and some, are just more sensitive than others. That combined with the everyday pressures of day to day existence, and for some people, for whatever reason, those pressures are something that the average person can not begin to fathom) the weight of what to some may be bearable becomes crushing to others and can sometimes lead people to the conclusion that the only way to stop their pain, as well as the pain they feel they are causing others is overwhelming. I know about those conclusions. Speaking as someone who has been there. Reaching this place in her life does not make Katie less valuable.
People who come to this place in their life sometimes do not have the luxury of being able to assess the situation rationally. I don't think Katie needs encouragement, not the variety you are offering, Not fighting, just informing, If you haven't been there yourself, you just can not imagine what is like.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the assistance you have given me, if you don't feel like you can assist here, perhaps your expertise and energy would be helpful on another thread.[/FONT]

Katie, if you just need to speak with someone who has been there, and thankfully, not done that ;) Please feel free to contact me, privately if you wish. Not trying to but in, just lend an ear if you need it, an ear that has heard the same voices. I will change my preferences to allow you to send me email directly.

Please consider it before you do anything drastic, and remember, When an interviewer talked with all of the people who jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge and lived, everyone of them said that they suddenly realized halfway down that everything that had seemed so terrible, was fixable, everything except for the fact that they had just jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge :eek:

Dani

Last edited by a moderator:

Did anyone consider the possibility that some hubby wants to make sure he doesn't inherit all the debt if he makes his wife's death look like a suicide?

Veronica1228

7618 said:
Did anyone consider the possibility that some hubby wants to make sure he doesn't inherit all the debt if he makes his wife's death look like a suicide?
No, but that could be because I don't watch a lot of soap operas or Lifetime for Women Movies of the Week.

Get a life!

Katiekat,

You are worth so much more than $10,000 and somehow you could probably scrounge up the money for injections from somewhere.

There are a lot of charities out there that can assist you and hospitals will forgive debt if you are indigent.

Get on the phone and call some agencies like the United Way and your state health department and see what can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">