+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Domestication/authentication foreign judgment

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii

    Does anyone have a sample document of a Domesticationof foreign Judgment? I need to domesticate/authenticate the judgment in both Tennessee and Texas from Hawaii - no forms, samples can be found...

  2. #2
    You must obtain certified copy of the judgment from hawaii and follow the rules and procedures of Texas and Tennessee on how to domesticate it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Aloha - Thanks for the advise. I am wondering if there are sample docs / form docs anywhere to follow for either Texas or Tennessee. Ill keep looking through state statutes.

  4. #4
    theres no sample documents, it varies by state but the process is typically the same. You get a certified/exemplified copy of the judgment from original jurisdiction, then you have to file it in the appropriate county in the other state. some states require you to refile an action and sue them again, other states there is just a waiting period in order for the defendant to object the judgment.

    call the office of the county clerk where the judgment debtors are located and ask them what you gotta do.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Domestication of Foreign judgement
    By rmarco in forum Civil Litigation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 01:07 PM
  2. Foreign Judgment
    By seashellgirl in forum Debt Collections
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 08:28 PM
  3. Judgment domestication
    By ispy1009 in forum Consumer Bankruptcy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 03:38 PM
  4. foreign judgment
    By aquamanswim in forum Debt Collections
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 10:21 AM
  5. what does registration of judgment and domestication of judgment mean
    By jtmom in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.