• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eBay seller collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stanggt1313

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hi,

I purchased an item on eBay. It was built incorrectly and shipped to me. I contacted the seller to provide a return shipping label and they ignored the request. I then opened a claim with eBay, and sent them the documentation to prove it was the incorrect item. eBay then contacted the seller and they ignored them as well. eBay found the case in my favor and refunded the money to me. One week later I got a call from a collection agency to pay the bill. I emailed the collection agency the supporting documentation to show eBay refunded me the money. Now today I got a letter from the collection agency stating I owe the purchase price + $150. I assume this is a scare tactic, but wanted to to confirm I can ignore without it affecting my credit score, etc. This was eBay's advice when I called them to report the same. Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">