• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer evading wage garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kbelk

Arkansas.
My husband is currently work in for a small company & has received court orders for child support from both Oregon & Mississippi. His employer has received these as well. Currently, his employer is avoiding filing the paperwork to initiate wage garnishment by holding my husband's paychecks until he brings in money orders for the child support payment amounts. There is no way this isn't illegal, I just need some advice on how to handle it. Even being illegal, it wouldn't be a huge problem for us except that the lack of employer garnished wages (i.e. lack of evidence my husband is actually making his payments) is causing problems with our disabled son's SSI payments, which we rely on to pay for medications & his extra living expenses.

LdiJ

Arkansas.
My husband is currently work in for a small company & has received court orders for child support from both Oregon & Mississippi. His employer has received these as well. Currently, his employer is avoiding filing the paperwork to initiate wage garnishment by holding my husband's paychecks until he brings in money orders for the child support payment amounts. There is no way this isn't illegal, I just need some advice on how to handle it. Even being illegal, it wouldn't be a huge problem for us except that the lack of employer garnished wages (i.e. lack of evidence my husband is actually making his payments) is causing problems with our disabled son's SSI payments, which we rely on to pay for medications & his extra living expenses.
The employers attitude on this makes absolutely no sense at all. Does the employer give any sort of reason for this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">