• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"excessive" phone calls (Colorado)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bdhippie

Colorado

I live in Colorado. I am being called by a debt collecter. I let my machine pick it up and am logging the calls

Under the states "fair debt collection act" a "debt collector" can't cause "a phone to ring excessivly"

The problem is I can't determine how the term "excessivly" would be interperted. What constitutes "excessive"

Thanks for any advice in advance

Antigone*

Colorado

I live in Colorado. I am being called by a debt collecter. I let my machine pick it up and am logging the calls

Under the states "fair debt collection act" a "debt collector" can't cause "a phone to ring excessivly"

The problem is I can't determine how the term "excessivly" would be interperted. What constitutes "excessive"

Thanks for any advice in advance
Is the caller a collection agency are they the original creditor? Easy way to solve the problem ~ pick up the phone. Using the ostritch philosophy will only get you sued.

bdhippie

Is the caller a collection agency are they the original creditor? Easy way to solve the problem ~ pick up the phone. Using the ostritch philosophy will only get you sued.
Cute...I was wating for the "moral judgment" did you read "The Underground Lawyer?" he used the same example in the same context.

No, it is not the original creditor, I am letting him keep calling so I can sue him.

He can sue me, if he can manage to serve me, but then he'll find I know what I'm doing and file for dismissal once I file my answer. If he does get a judgment he'll find I'm not solvent and have no Attachable assets.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Cute...I was wating for the "moral judgment" did you read "The Underground Lawyer?" he used the same example in the same context.

No, it is not the original creditor, I am letting him keep calling so I can sue him.

He can sue me, if he can manage to serve me, but then he'll find I know what I'm doing and file for dismissal once I file my answer. If he does get a judgment he'll find I'm not solvent and have no Attachable assets.
What makes you think you'll be able to sue? :rolleyes:

I already know your type - you won't listen to any advice here because you think you've found that magic formula which will get you rich based on you NOT paying your bills.

cosine

Since you know what you are doing, why are you asking for advice here? Why not just pick up the phone and tell the caller to go ahead and sue you now to get it over with?

ecmst12

Judgements are good for a long, long time. You're in school, so someday you will finish and presumably get a job - wages to garnish. And one day, you will probably want to buy a house. An unpaid judgement will make that difficult, and even if you can manage to get a home loan, then you'll have assets to attach.

bdhippie

What makes you think you'll be able to sue? :rolleyes:

I already know your type - you won't listen to any advice here because you think you've found that magic formula which will get you rich based on you NOT paying your bills.
Actully you don't know jack....

Firrt, I'm on SSI (Transplant, Cancer you want still call me a "welcher" go for it) so my only income right now is non-attchable.

Also I'm a broke pre-law student, dont care about suing to get rich any idiot can figure out that dosen't work. It's more to learn the process and to show bottom feeding debt collecter not everybody in debt is a thief or a dumbass.

You belive what you want though....but assuming "you know" is just idiotic.

bdhippie

Judgements are good for a long, long time. You're in school, so someday you will finish and presumably get a job - wages to garnish. And one day, you will probably want to buy a house. An unpaid judgement will make that difficult, and even if you can manage to get a home loan, then you'll have assets to attach.
And see you don't know jack about life expectancy of people in my situation, and you have to win a judgment first for it to work. I love these psuedo-scare tactics though do they work on people.... really? If so thats a sad statment about our country.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Firrt, I'm on SSI (Transplant, Cancer you want still call me a "welcher" go for it) so my only income right now is non-attchable.

Also I'm a broke pre-law student, dont care about suing to get rich any idiot can figure out that dosen't work. It's more to learn the process and to show bottom feeding debt collecter not everybody in debt is a thief or a dumbass.

Some cheese for your whine? :rolleyes:

Antigone*

I call B.S. on you. You are a pathetic speller; no way any legitimate law school would take you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">