• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Five year old debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlc723

I live in Iowa. My husband and I received a bill in the mail last week and it said it was our last notice before it was turned over to collections. Here's the problem. This bill is from five years ago (it's from my daughter's preschool/daycare, she's finishing her fourth grade year) and we have not received one bill from them in the last five years until we got this bill last week. How can they turn us over to collections without trying to collect for the last five years? Is there anything we can do?

Proserpina

I live in Iowa. My husband and I received a bill in the mail last week and it said it was our last notice before it was turned over to collections. Here's the problem. This bill is from five years ago (it's from my daughter's preschool/daycare, she's finishing her fourth grade year) and we have not received one bill from them in the last five years until we got this bill last week. How can they turn us over to collections without trying to collect for the last five years? Is there anything we can do?
Pay the bill, maybe?

Ask if they'll agree to a payment plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">