• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreign debt collectors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mohitrao

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

We have recently started getting calls from India from a debt collection agency about some credit card debt which we were never aware of.
they have been harassing us by repeatedly calling us . they found our listed phone no from whitepages. We decided not to take their calls as it seem like a fraud call.
but they have been persistent and have been trying to call us multiple times in the middle of the night which is a nuisance . Also they have been using social networking sites and calling our friends and acquaintances and telling them about this to malign us . This is all illegal but I don't know how to protect us from this.
They are leaving threatening voicemails - like we will hire US debt collectors to go after you.
I am trying to find the legality of this kind of situation and how I can protect myself against something like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">