• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

found debt that I do not owe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mysidecool

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Recently I found that there is a collection of about 700 dollars in my credit record with the original collector t-mobile. I activated a t-mobile mobile plan in 2012 and terminated it in 2013. The guy in the t-mobile store told me that there was no termination fees for me because 1st I use my own phone and 2nd I am a college student. I NEVER received any bill information (by mail or email) from t-mobile since then and I was absent from US for 4 months after I terminated my service. Until recently I checked my credit record, there was a collection information from t-mobile. The collection agency told me that it included early termination fee, last bill and late fees or something like those.

I am planing to dispute with the collection agency about this debt as I am not suppose to owe t-mobile any money. Could you guys give any suggestions that what I should do right now? And if the collection agency denies my dispute what will be the next step?

adjusterjack

Could you guys give any suggestions that what I should do right now?
Right now?

You find, or get, the contract that you SIGNED when you started the T-Mobile service and read it thoroughly and carefully and I'm sure you will find the cancellation fee provision. You will also find a section that says something like "This is the entire agreement. Anything said outside this contract doesn't count."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">