• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friends, Plz HELP. debt collector suing me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bishaarcc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State.

Hello friends. a month ago I received a summons from a debt collector. They said I have to pay some kind of old credit card balance which I don't remember it at all. They said you had Best Buy/ Capital One credit card around 2011, you didn't pay it on time and then capital one sold the debt.

I really don't remember that I got any credit card from best buy. But the other day I search the name Best Buy from my gmail and then I saw a letter From HSBC/Best Buy credit card which says welcome to your new credit card account. So it looks like the orginal provider of the card was HSBC but later Capital One bought them. So this debt collector claims that I had a credit card from Capital One/Best buy which is not true. Also the funny thing is that this particular account is not on my credit. They never reported to all three major credit companies.

Anyway this debt collector sent me a summon, I did anwser the summon on time, and then they send me request of addmisson and request of PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS, but the funny thing is this debt collector never send me any stetment or any agreement or any other proof for the account. Basically they sent me only summon with which I answered and now they sent me these addmisson/production documents.

What is your suggestion friends, I need advice what should I do? Thank you all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">