• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frozen Bank Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fritz51

What is the name of your state? New York State.

My girl friend has had her bank account frozen by a credit card lender. This has left her and her child unable to access any funds to pay her mortgage, bills or be able to provide for her child.

Is this a legal maneuver and what can she do to release the freeze on her account? (Other than advise her to pay the bill in full, which she can not.)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Fritz51 said:
What is the name of your state? New York State.

My girl friend has had her bank account frozen by a credit card lender. This has left her and her child unable to access any funds to pay her mortgage, bills or be able to provide for her child.

Is this a legal maneuver and what can she do to release the freeze on her account? (Other than advise her to pay the bill in full, which she can not.)

My response:

There's nothing she can do. Next time, tell her to pay attention to the lawsuit papers she receives. And yes, there will be a "next time".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">