• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frozen bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ltarko

What is the name of your state? New York

Hello,
I would like to have a legal advice from someone who knows tenant and landlord litigation.
If you are able to help me your help would be greatly appreciated
if not please help me find somebody who can answer my question.
Back in 2001 I had lived in a apartment building in the Bronx and I was working in construction.I had a year lease on the apartment.Unfortunately I had a accident on the job and and I was out of work for 1 year
I had not been paying the rent for 5 months and abused the credit cards to get buy.My credit was in ruins (still is) and I had to move out from the apartment.

I have never paid the back rent.
Now a collection agency locked my bank account I can not cash my checks.
I called them up today and tried to solution but the only thing I can do is pay the balance in full.
I do not have this kind of cash right now,and I just started to get on the rocky road of fixing my credit.I am trying to avoid bankruptcy.
They said they going to garnish my wages.
I just started out as self employed in November and I really haven't made too much money.
Now the business is picking up a little bit but I still have a long way to go to get my life straighten out.
I just opened another checking account but I am afraid that they will find this too so I haven't made any deposit yet.
If you would be kind and give me an advice what could be my options if any I thank you for your help.
sincerely
LaszloWhat is the name of your state?

acmb05

What is the name of your state? New York

Hello,
I would like to have a legal advice from someone who knows tenant and landlord litigation.
If you are able to help me your help would be greatly appreciated
if not please help me find somebody who can answer my question.
Back in 2001 I had lived in a apartment building in the Bronx and I was working in construction.I had a year lease on the apartment.Unfortunately I had a accident on the job and and I was out of work for 1 year
I had not been paying the rent for 5 months and abused the credit cards to get buy.My credit was in ruins (still is) and I had to move out from the apartment.

I have never paid the back rent.
Now a collection agency locked my bank account I can not cash my checks.
I called them up today and tried to solution but the only thing I can do is pay the balance in full.
I do not have this kind of cash right now,and I just started to get on the rocky road of fixing my credit.I am trying to avoid bankruptcy.
They said they going to garnish my wages.
I just started out as self employed in November and I really haven't made too much money.
Now the business is picking up a little bit but I still have a long way to go to get my life straighten out.
I just opened another checking account but I am afraid that they will find this too so I haven't made any deposit yet.
If you would be kind and give me an advice what could be my options if any I thank you for your help.
sincerely
LaszloWhat is the name of your state?
Start an LLC and open your account under that.

Apparently they managed to take this to court and got a judgement against you for what you owe. They will find your other account and probably already have and are just waiting for you to put some money in it.

Start making good faith payments on the balance of what you owe and make sure you get receipts for every payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">