• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grounds for modification?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state?utah

I just got an email from my ex in Alaska. He wants to modify custody. Wouldn't there have to be a substantial change for him to do this? What would he really get? Up till now he has not exercised visitation (my son is 5). Now he wants to quit work and modify custody so he gets more times with our son. Utah code basically states what the visitation is when parents cannot agree. So wouldn't it be a waste of his time and money to try and modify? My son has always lived with me, never lived with his dad. Could he possibly gain something by modifying custody? I just can't see a judge changing anything. I hate that it that he continues to run my life and he is not a good person, an alcoholic and mentally unstable. Should I just let him try....anything I need to do? Still worried in Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">