• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment by Rent-A-Center, employees trespassing, making threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling me a 'kid' is merely trying to insult my intelligence and credibility because of my age. Trust me bud, I've been through more in my mere 21 years than most have in an entire lifetime. I'm not your typical 21 year old and I'd appreciate if you'd not group me in with the majority.
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that....

I was your age, and I felt exactly like you. On top of the world, right all the time...you name it. I am so glad to have the years of experience behind me now.

I guess at this point you get to learn the hard way. Direct experience it he best teacher. If you DO get out fo this then you are a very lucky person.

On a side note, talked about this issue with a friend of mine. He's of the opinion the attorney you hired is in it to get paid and fed you a line to get your retainer.

Did you know that you STILL have to pay your attorney after your case is lost? I should have gone to law school...to lose as an attorney is still a win for the pocket book.

TiredOfAbuse

( I know I shouldn't stoke the fire...:D )

NHutch

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that....

I was your age, and I felt exactly like you. On top of the world, right all the time...you name it. I am so glad to have the years of experience behind me now.

I guess at this point you get to learn the hard way. Direct experience it he best teacher. If you DO get out fo this then you are a very lucky person.

On a side note, talked about this issue with a friend of mine. He's of the opinion the attorney you hired is in it to get paid and fed you a line to get your retainer.

Did you know that you STILL have to pay your attorney after your case is lost? I should have gone to law school...to lose as an attorney is still a win for the pocket book.

TiredOfAbuse

( I know I shouldn't stoke the fire...:D )
See here's the thing, I only have to pay if I win the civil suit and he agreed to waive the court appearances fees if my criminal defense case makes it to trial. The only thing I have to pay is for is his fees for the the arraignment and pre-trial appearances. If for some reason it goes further than that and goes to trial he will appear for free as long as he gets to represent me in the civil suit. I'm gonna give a call to my other attorneys and see what they say about it. They don't do criminal defense but they are part of one of the biggest and best law firms in Massachusetts (Joel Schwartz.)

You are wrong in saying that I cannot file criminal charges against a company or it's employees.

"The Clerk of Court, acting in such capacity, must make a probable cause determination for charges if filed by a duly authorized law enforcement officer. If a private complainant elects to file an affidavit or complaint with the clerk, charging a person(s) with a crime without the approval of the prosecutor, he/she must complete and sign a non-approval form provided by the clerk."

justalayman

"The Clerk of Court, acting in such capacity, must make a probable cause determination for charges if filed by a duly authorized law enforcement officer. If a private complainant elects to file an affidavit or complaint with the clerk, charging a person(s) with a crime without the approval of the prosecutor, he/she must complete and sign a non-approval form provided by the clerk."
You file a complaint charging (claiming) an offense within it. The DA files criminal charges against the person to which they must answer to.

You can file all the compaints you want but if the DA does not see the merit of the charges, the DA will not file criminal charges and the person you want charged will not have to answer for those charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">