• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He used my credit card without permission.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Khope

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

After using my credit card without my permission, he has agreed to pay it back. Each week with his permission, I make a payment on my credit card balance online from his checking account. He has agreed to sign a contract. Will a promissory note be sufficient to enforce this situation? What should be included?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

After using my credit card without my permission, he has agreed to pay it back. Each week with his permission, I make a payment on my credit card balance online from his checking account. He has agreed to sign a contract. Will a promissory note be sufficient to enforce this situation? What should be included?
Khope, you only need to start a single thread. The forum volunteers will see you here. Your other threads have been deleted.

You should have a written and signed agreement that shows the fellow not only owes you XXX amount of money to be paid back to you at a rate of XX a month, but also that shows he has authorized you to withdraw from his account these XX payments on such-and-such a date each month. Keep a good record of all withdrawals and the diminishing balance he owes.

Khope

Thank you

I appreciate your advice. I'm sorry for my duplicate posts. It won't happen again.

quincy

... I'm sorry for my duplicate posts ...
You are certainly not the only poster who has thought there was a need to post in several different forum categories so there is really no need to apologize. But you are nice to do so anyway. :)

Good luck in your collection efforts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">