• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance hasn't paid doctor, now collectors calling me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

higgenbottom

I had a colonoscopy over a year ago. The anesthesiologist's office from the procedure has been trying to get me to pay a bill because they say my, now former, health insurance provider, Easy Choice NY, won't pay. Prior to now I have been in contact, via phone, with Easy Choice requesting they pay the bill as well as the anesthesiologist's office, keeping them in the loop that I am requesting Easy Choice to pay. Now the anesthesiologist's office has hired a lawyer to follow up on the collections.

I have always paid my premiums to Easy Choice on time, and have not been given any indication from Easy Choice that they would not pay. They told me that they would pay the charge. And the anesthesiologist's office has never told me that they don't accept Easy Choice.

How am I responsible for this? If I pay my premiums on time, and the doctors takes that insurance, and the claim is not being disputed by Easy Choice, then why am I being held responsible for the charge? And what options do I have?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What reason has the insurance given for not paying?

Ultimately, you are responsible for the bill. You received the services, not the insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">