• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zeniyah1

Hi , so my mom has been scammed PLENTY Of times before. But this time, it's scary, I put a lot of research into this... okay, so there's this furniture place in XAXA, Nj called XXX furniture & my mom purchased a bed set which Included a night stand, the bed , and the mirror with the drawers, also she bought a mattress... ok.. so, they told us the delivery people were coming a certain day, which they came like around night time (was about 6 or 7) okay... besides being unprofessionally late , the night stand was messed up really bad you couldn't even open it & it was scratched all the way top and bottom part of the marble.. and the mattress was open first of all , which was weird .. normally the plastic bag is all the way sealed but the plastic bag was opened... THEN like weeks later the mattress was broken one of the metal springs ripped out and I've been personally cut by this wire many times... we went and told them EVERYTHING , and they said okay no worries we will make out an order and deliver It to your house . Okay.. weeks went by , nothing .. my mom thought that was weird , we went back , they said it's not here yet... okay , my mom then went week after week , months went by after this... and still nothing...my mom one day went in asking where the night stand and mattress was? And one of the workers said it's in China, & funny enough one day I was there & told her that I got stuff from China a lot and they last 2 weeks to one month & she got an attitude with me, rolled her eyes and said "but you never got furniture from there" "furniture from China takes a long time to come" and ALSO, they recommended my mother to this place called T I think it's called (never heard of them) but they're a financial place , and now they want to make my mom pay DOUBLE what the broken bed set costs and twice a month . My mom has schizophrenia , so she does not work... she's not allowed to work. I'm scared for my mom. Please tell me what she could do in the situation!

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

Hi , so my mom has been scammed PLENTY Of times before. But this time, it's scary, I put a lot of research into this... okay, so there's this furniture place in E., Nj called XXX furniture & my mom purchased a bed set which Included a night stand, the bed , and the mirror with the drawers, also she bought a mattress... ok.. so, they told us the delivery people were coming a certain day, which they came like around night time (was about 6 or 7) okay... besides being unprofessionally late , the night stand was messed up really bad you couldn't even open it & it was scratched all the way top and bottom part of the marble.. and the mattress was open first of all , which was weird .. normally the plastic bag is all the way sealed but the plastic bag was opened... THEN like weeks later the mattress was broken one of the metal springs ripped out and I've been personally cut by this wire many times... we went and told them EVERYTHING , and they said okay no worries we will make out an order and deliver It to your house . Okay.. weeks went by , nothing .. my mom thought that was weird , we went back , they said it's not here yet... okay , my mom then went week after week , months went by after this... and still nothing...my mom one day went in asking where the night stand and mattress was? And one of the workers said it's in China, & funny enough one day I was there & told her that I got stuff from China a lot and they last 2 weeks to one month & she got an attitude with me, rolled her eyes and said "but you never got furniture from there" "furniture from China takes a long time to come" and ALSO, they recommended my mother to this place called T. I think it's called (never heard of them) but they're a financial place , and now they want to make my mom pay DOUBLE what the broken bed set costs and twice a month . My mom has schizophrenia , so she does not work... she's not allowed to work. I'm scared for my mom. Please tell me what she could do in the situation!
The real names you used in your original post are being removed and your post will be returned to the head of the thread when the editing is complete. It is generally best on a legal forum to avoid posting about identified or identifiable people or entities.

How long ago was the furniture delivered to your mother? Did she inspect it on delivery?

When items are delivered in poor condition, delivery should be refused and a complaint immediately made to the company from which the items were ordered. The fact that your mother apparently accepted delivery and paid for defective furniture makes recovery more difficult. Your mother may be forced into suing the furniture store to get a refund or replacement of the furniture items.

Your mother should NOT pay any additional money to another company.

Because your mother appears to be having difficulty handling this matter herself, she might want to seek out legal assistance in her area for a personal review. There are low-cost and free legal services offered through legal aid clinics located throughout New Jersey. Your mother should see if she qualifies for this assistance. Here is a link to Legal Services of New Jersey for some direction: https://www.lsnj.org/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">