• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Verizon/Debt Recovery Solutions LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

destiniunbound

state: VT

I actually live in california now, but the account was in Vermont. I got a letter in the mail out of the blue from Debt Recovery Solutions LLC claiming that I owed verizon 500 bucks from a phone number account in Vermont. I haven't lived in Vermont in 3 years. I called the debt collector to ask (apparently this was a mistake) what the hell it was and he told me it was from a house that I lived in, in 2002. Now, I have a Verizon cell phone, so its not like they couldn't find me, but why was the phone in vermont not turned off before the bill reached $500?. I called verizon to figure it out, and they said the info was no longer in the system and now Debt Recovery Solutions owned the account. Debt recovery could not tell me any information I wanted to know (how was the bill so high? Why did it take 5 years to catch up with me, etc, etc,) I found this forum by googling "Debt Recovery Solutions" and NOT finding a website for them, but read a bit about SOL and other various legal issues I/they may have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I haven't seen a question.
I will point out, however, that you may have tolled the SOL on this....(that means, basically, to put the SOL on "hold")

destiniunbound

if i do not know what this debt is, what do i write to them? a cease and desist letter? a please send more info letter? etc?

Also any thoughts on why the phone would not have been connected if not paid, and why it took them 5 years to catch up with me when I have a cell phone with them?

I gave them no info over the phone, same with verizon.

ExRoadie

Same Problem

We received a collection notice from these folks yesterday for a phone number that we have never had. When I called them to discuss it, they asked for my social security #. When I refused to give it to them they hung up on me. This is the letter I'll be sending them:

Debt Recovery Solutions, LLC
900 Merchants Concourse
Suite 106
Westbury, New York 11590-5114

RE: Account # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am writing in regard to your request for an alleged debt collection. Please be advised the account number and Verizon phone number you provided are numbers that have never been associated with me.

I am aware that you must validate this alleged debt. Please be advised that I am not requesting verification that you have my mailing address, or any other contact information. I am however requesting that you please forward within 30 days verification of all data regarding the establishment of this trade line including the applicable signed origination papers that contain my signature, certification of your company’s right to continued debt collection in New York State, documentation establishing your continued right to collect this debt, as well as any supporting contracts related to any debt transferal, a line-item debt and credit summary of the account history, or any other clear substantiation of its origin, including legal assignation that bears my signature.

I also hereby request in writing to refrain any phone contact at my place of work, home, or personal mobile phone. I hereby request that all communications pertaining to this debt or any other matter be sent via postal mail, as is my right under Federal and State statutes.

Failure to provide such validation or failure to disregard my request for Postal Mail contact only will abridge my civil rights.

Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter and for protecting my legal rights in accordance with Federal and State consumer protection statutes

Signed this day,

Last edited by a moderator:

J Jonah Jameson

I also received a collection notice from these people, also trying to collect on a delinquent phone bill.

Funny thing is, I still have this phone number, so the account must be up to date. (In fact I'm posting here using the DSL on this account.)

Also the account # is not my real account #.

They also don't offer an option to pay by check, only to pay by credit card.

I would enumerate the other obvious problems with their scam, but they may wise up and fix the clues.

They're - pardon my french - lying ****s and should be dealt with accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">