• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hold taken off of bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?NY

A letter was sent from the creditor to my bank to release the hold on my bank account and I am to send a certified check to them within 5 days. I went to the bank to withdraw the amount of need to give them from my bank account and was told the hold is on the account until the bank issues me a check to the creditor. I was planning on taking the money in my bank account to use to pay the creditor but how do I pay them when my money is still on hold in the account? Wasnt the bank supposed to release it once they got the notice from the creditor?

JETX

lauren0309 said:
A letter was sent from the creditor to my bank to release the hold on my bank account and I am to send a certified check to them within 5 days. I went to the bank to withdraw the amount of need to give them from my bank account and was told the hold is on the account until the bank issues me a check to the creditor. I was planning on taking the money in my bank account to use to pay the creditor but how do I pay them when my money is still on hold in the account?
You don't pay them. The bank will send your money to the court... and the court will send it to the judgment creditor.

Wasnt the bank supposed to release it once they got the notice from the creditor?
Nope. The bank is following the courts orders... and in order to get a release of the money for the bank, you will have to get an order from the court.... not a letter from the creditor.

The judgment creditor send to send the check directly to him. Not the court. Also my checking account money was released already and my account in another bank was also released, they are just holding one of my accounts frozen. Maybe when I send them a check they will release my third account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">