• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hospital bill collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddeebbiiee2737

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
Do you have to pay off a haspital bill that has been sent to collections in a certain period of time? Cleveland Clinic told me it had to be paid off in a year or they would sue. I owed around $2000.00 from 2004. I will propably be getting another bill also from cleveland for a surgery I am having soon, do I lhave to pay a certain amount. I don't much care if they send me to collections or not my credit is not good. i am paying off the 2004 bill at $200.00 a month, and will have it paid off in May of next year. I want to know what my rights are for the new bill I will be getting coming up which might reach $3000.00 dollars for my out of pocket for next year.

JETX

Do you have to pay off a haspital bill that has been sent to collections in a certain period of time? Cleveland Clinic told me it had to be paid off in a year or they would sue.
Do you HAVE to?? No.
Can they sue you if your don't?? Yes.

I will propably be getting another bill also from cleveland for a surgery I am having soon
Why do you continue to build up medical debt you know you can't pay?? Go to the county hospital for your medical needs.

I want to know what my rights are for the new bill I will be getting coming up which might reach $3000.00 dollars for my out of pocket for next year.
What 'rights'?? You have the 'right' to pay your bills as you promised.

ecmst12

Also, if you don't pay off the old bill before your new surgery is scheduled, they COULD, legally, refuse to do the new surgery. They are not obligated to continue to treat a patient who doesn't pay his/her bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">